Monday, February 6, 2012

Give Peace a Chance

SPOILER ALERT:  Don't watch unless you've watched episode 5 on PBS or 6 in the UK.

OMG dying dying dying!  Matthew felt his leg!  Squeee!  I knew that was going to happen.  Poor Mary.  She is ridiculously screwed.  And so am I.  Because I'm realizing that NOTHING is ever going to get resolved on this show.  Ever.  It's like infinity blueballs.  Seriously.  WHAT am I going to do if Mary is forever engaged to Mr. "Don't ever blow me off or I'll tell the world your sad little Turkish secret."  And what if she never marries Matthew?  I can't BELIEVE they brought that pain in the ass Lavinia back again, too.  Ugh...she gives me the willies.  And frankly, I'm starting to think she gives Matthew the willies, too.  Poor Mary. (I can't believe I just said that!)  She must be SOOOO miserable but she can't show it because she's English and they don't wear their hearts on their sleeves.  (Well, unless you're Elizabeth Taylor...and then you just marry your sleeve.  Lord-a-mercy on her of course!)

But seriously, WHAT am I going to do if Mr. Bates doesn't marry Anna?  (Although I don't think I have to worry as the Ex Mrs. Bates is lying face down in the teacup pieces.)  And WHAT am I going to do if Edith never finds a man?  (Even one with a disfigured face whose hatred of their childhood German nanny is still questionable).  And what am I going to do if Sybil never dumps that insufferable Irish driver who can't be on the screen for two seconds without making me throw up in my mouth a little.

Moving on...I love how Thomas has resumed his spot downstairs at the staff table...like nothing ever happened and he didn't purposely turn his hand into a donut.  He just sits there with that nasty assed look on his face, mumbling under his breath and chain smoking.  It's so hilarious, I don't know what to do with myself.

Lastly - MaMa.  OMG Maggie Smith is the greatest actress of all time, is she not?  I pray they get Helen Mirren and Dame Judy Dench on the show one of these days to be her BFFs and make me giggle in triplicate.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, you nailed it...every single thought I had watching it online after the Super-Friggin'-Bowl last Sunday night, huddled pathetically over my hot little laptop while the rest of the household was snoring away in dreamland. Bates can't possibly be a suspect in Vera's death - or CAN he?? Matthew is not really paralyzed - does this mean he can PRODUCE an HEIR?? Why is poor little mouse-girl Daisy STILL wrecked about lying to a guy who's now lying in a grave?? WTF is up with that? And poor Edith...baby-daddy went and got hisself blew up and now what?

    Delicious - is it any wonder Downton Abbey has become our Sunday night crack fix??

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - 55afETC....I am already in withdrawal and the damn season's only half over. I just said to my husband that I don't know what I'm going to do when it ends. I think about these people. During the day, when I'm supposed to be figuring out my OWN life, I am THINKING about these people. I am wondering what is going to happen with the umpteen story lines. It's madness! I wish it were a book series so I could keep turning the pages and carry it around with me everywhere.

    OK that was a little TMI...so I better shut up lest anyone think I'm cookoo for Cocoa Puffs. Not Cocoa Puffs; just Downton Abbey. ;)

    ReplyDelete