Monday, January 23, 2012

Episode 5 and Counting...

How the hell are we going to get back if he leaves?
Oh my GOD.  I just finished Episode 5 of Downton Abbey and am already suffering withdrawal just THINKING about the day I've watched them all!

First off - Thomas and O'Brien are such complete asses, I don't know what to DO with myself!  I am SO HAPPY Bates beat them at their own game and found the blue snuff box.  The look on their faces was PRICELESS when Anna spoke up about Carson and Mrs. Hughes checking their rooms.

OK next - EDITH! EDITH! EDITH!  That poor soul!  Every week I wait and wait for someone to fall for her.  It's so upsetting, watching her fight with le beotch, "Lady Mary".   That one ain't no lady, that's for sure.

Couldn't resist posting a pic of an
even younger Mr. Bates.  Yum. 
And speaking of waiting - I can't BELIEVE Anna just told Mr. Bates she LOVES him!  I thought my husband's eyes were going to bug out of his head!  We both just stared at each other!  It was AWESOME!  I love Mr. Bates and Anna so much and I can't wait to find out what his secret is.  I am hoping upon hope for a huge to-do when he finally professes his love for her...although I doubt it will ever happen...because what will they do with them then?  But can't you just see it...her - or him - stealing away to the other's room...her in her nightgown and him in his gentleman jammies?  I suppose she'd have to do the stealing away as he has his own room.

What else?  Oh Crawley.  I feel bad for him but he's such a dud.  He's pining away for Mary and it's getting pretty old.  She's such a bitch - and frankly, I dislike the fact that he's so shallow where Edith is concerned.  She's lovely; he should see that.

I vant to suck your blood...
and I'm not even a vampire!
And again - Edith - Lorddddddddd Edith.  Girlfriend heard Mary's entire conversation with her mother - in addition to talking with Daisy - and is now writing a letter to the hot,  dead, Turkish guy's dad!  Mr. Pamuk.   Damn he was gorgeous, was he not?  Seems a shame to off him after one episode!

Dear BBC and Kilwillie,
One favor:  FLASHBACKS!
Love, Carol.

Sybil is a cutie pie - I love that she's helping Gwen get a job.  And I love her positive outlook on life.  I hope it works...eventually.  LOVED her pants.  She's got MOXY.

And poor William.  He loves Daisy...and she's so stupid.  How can she not see what an ASS Thomas is?  Forget the fact that he's batting for the wrong team...he's just a douche who would be so beneath her...even if he was straight!  If she were smart (guess that's the problem, now, isn't it?) she would take up with William and have a lovely life of service with a smile.  :)

I love Isobel...and what is so strange is that she reminds me of my Aunt Isobel in many ways.  I thought of that before I even realized what her name was.  I always just refer to her as "Crawley's mom".  She is just so insightful...and so much good comes from her all the time.  I wish I could spend a week with her in that cute house, drinking Molesly's tea and benefiting from her wisdom.

"I have plenty of
friends I don't like."
And last but not least, Maggie Smith. Oh my god she just gave Mr. Molesly the prize for the best roses.   I knew that old bag had some good in her somewhere.  I cried real tears when she did that.

God there is something of value in every, single episode!  Every time I watch, I learn something about myself...and those around me.  And I feel...I really FEEL - while I'm watching every episode.  That is a rare treat indeed.



15 comments:

  1. carol
    I am also in Downton abbey Purgatory!! For once I am ahead of you
    I m on season 2 e 8. Its totally addicting.
    ( Ive been thinking Julian Fellows needs to do a
    screen play of outlander and produce it in mini series form).
    All of the characters will really grow on you with each episode.
    I love your character analysis, I do like Mary more, but she made her own
    bed and now has to sleep in it. If she were in our time she probably would get her own reality show and make millions.

    They start filming season 3 in Feb. it cant come soon enough.
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am hooked on this show. I love your nickname for Mary, I'm several episodes into season 2 and I still can't stand her. And while I do love Anna and Mr. Bates, I can't help but wish they had cast a younger actor...although I do love the young pic you posted!

    Random side note...have you seen HBO's "Deadwood?" We're having a nightly marathon to get through it all and I am so smitten ;)

    Bri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I'm 5 eps in too (planning on ep 6 tonight!). So, do we have any idea a) why did the Austrian chap want to canoodle with Mary (I thought he went the other way which is why Thomas put the move on him?); b)do we have a clue why he died? I'm thinking poison; and c)do we know who did it? I'm guessing Thomas because he's such a vengeful SOB. But there have been no answers so far....any thoughts out there??? I agree with whoever posted on the Outlander Purgatory that the guy who plays Thomas would be a terrific Frank/BJR. And Carol, a million thanks for starting this blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you mean the Turkish gentleman, Mr. Pamuk. He was completely straight; he was just a dandy and that's why Thomas assumed he was gay. I'm pretty sure his death was natural, like a stroke or something. Too bad he had to die so soon. He was absolutely yummy.

      Delete
    2. Right, he was Turkish! His death was natural??? Wow, I thought his death was a big mystery! Guess I was completely barking up the wrong tree on that one. Thanks for setting me straight. :)

      Delete
  4. OMGosh!! You are officially my favourite person!
    I'm only on episode 4..............so I'm squinting at the screen so I don't see anything too spoiler-ish! I'll be back when I'm finished 5!!! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love this show!! I can't get enough of it! Watching season 2 now as it airs on PBS here in the states. My opinions of some of the characters has changed this season, while I loathe some of them even more! I really do love to hate O'Brian, would really like to see someone stick it to her but things wouldn't be the same without her. Sunday night is just too far away! I guess I need to go back and re-watch season one, to get my fix.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my gravy, just noticed the pic of young Mr.Bates up there, whew!! He was quite hot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I LOVE that you purgatoried this! I am totally obsessed with this show. Season 2 happened to debut on my birthday and all I wanted to do was watch Downton and drink my Lord John Grey tea. There's a couple really funny parodies on youtube (there's some spoilers for season 1). Uptown Downstairs Abbey (2 parts): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5dMlXentLw
    And then there's Dollhouse Downton: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGXam5nv7rw

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lady Oliver, you are my HERO for posting this!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's a link to a Downton Abbey Personality Quiz, hope it works!

    http://app.snapapp.com/DowntonAbbeyPersonality?elq=aa0cf15894924ed2a53921438f89e01d&elqCampaignId=13

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who knows who will see this but George and I watched Season 1 over the weekend on Netflix and we both love it. Trying to find Season 2 now, not on Netflix yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clay it's SO GOOD. I think we ended up buying a few eps from season 2 on iTunes because we were rabid...and then we were able to catch up and watch it live.

    ReplyDelete